Interesting stuff from last month (not a lot?):
- Entanglement isn’t just across space, but across time too(!)
- There is a new type of ice, occurring in the inclusions of diamonds formed hundreds of miles inside the earth’s mantle, with a cubic instead of hexagonal structure.
- Some viruses are big, a thousand times bigger than the smallest ones, and can even synthesize proteins (very much like cellular organisms)
- As the title says, five
gitconcepts explained the hard way (worth reading even if you know git!)
- The deepness of Jupiter is only now coming into study, with its octagonally arranged polar cyclones (the pic above) and its varied layers of clouds stretching up for thousands of kilometers (!)
- It’s easy to forget even the very recent past; a look at how far Yahoo fell from the top of the world, twenty years ago.
- I hate all the “free” games that make you pay for everything with in-game purchases; I knew some people paid hundreds of dollars for these, but here’s someone who’s happy to have spent over $70K on in-game characters!